The smell of peppermint may lead you to think happily of delicious baked good or spending time with family during the holidays. It’s no surprise then that peppermint is one of the most popular essential oil featured inside each Young Living Starter Kit. This oil can be used by any member of the family to help with everything from occasional head tension to promoting normal/healthy body temperature. It’s even been known to help you enjoy the outdoors annoyance free when heading out to enjoy nature.
Peppermint is a strong oil so remember a little bit will go a long way. To get the most out of your essential oil, here are 6 handy ways to use Young Living Peppermint and Peppermint Vitality Oil:
- Add Peppermint Vitality to herbal tea to soothe your throat or promote healthy digestion.
- Make your own lozenges to promote a healthy respiratory and digestive system.
- In lieu of peppermint extract use 1/8 teaspoon of Peppermint Vitality when baking.
- Dab a few drops on your temples to relieve occasional head tension or rub into sore muscles post workout.
- Place 1-2 drops on your tongue to curb the desire to snack.
- DIY health and beauty products such as: sugar scrub, toothpaste, chest rub, shaving cream, chapstick, cooling lotion, bath salts, foot cream, hand soap and more!
- Diffuse in the mornings for a pick me up- no coffee needed!
- Add a drop of Peppermint Vitality to a tall glass of water to promote alertness and maintain optimal body weight.
- Create a capsule with 3 drops each of Peppermint Vitality, Lavender Vitality, and Lemon Vitality, top off with carrier oil such as olive oil. Take morning and night to promote respiratory function and overall wellness with the changing of the seasons.
- Alleviate PMS discomfort by applying Lavender over the abdomen, then layer Peppermint over it to increase the effects of the lavender and soothe tension. Place a warm compress or heating pad over your applied oils. Melt into relaxation!
Peppermint can also benefit by:
- supporting a healthy digestive system
- promoting normal body temperature
- improving concentration and memory
- curbing appetite
- comforting sore muscles
- relieving occasional neck and head tension
Looking for more ways to use Peppermint oil? Take a look at our oil kit for moms and new babies, DIY carpet freshener, guilt-free peppermint brownies, or try this yummy mint chocolate protein shake from the Young Living Blog.