Lemon is a wonderfully fresh oil that has many uses for the household, including personal or dietary needs. From cleaning, to cooking, lemon is one essential oil that should be stocked in every collection, which is why it comes in the Young Living Premium Starter Kit! A fun fact, did you know it takes 75 lemons to make one 15 ml bottle of lemon oil? It is created by cold pressing the rind which means you get all the limonene and lemony aroma sans the acidity that comes from the juice. The same constituents that ripen the peel of the fruit will be present in your oil which means this oil is ‘photosensitive’. To be on the safe side, it’s best not to slather your exposed skin with Lemon (or any photosensitive essential oil) and then go out in direct sunlight. Lemon EO is beautiful for your skin- I just apply it at night, or to areas that are not receiving direct sunlight.
This is an invigorating fragrance often used in cleaning supplies and skin care products because of its vibrant qualities. Lemon is a naturally stimulating scent and pairs well with other oils such as Lavender, Rosemary, Citrus Fresh, Lime, Stress Away, Purification, Thieves and Peppermint.
Almost everyone enjoys the scent of lemon for its fresh qualities, making it a great oil to use in DIY gifts! Take a look at this Foot Spa DIY, Bath Bomb instructions, and Linen Spray you can make at home the next time you have a need for a thoughtful handmade gift.
To get the most out of Lemon essential oil try one of these 10 ways to add Lemon essential oil to your day:
10 Easy Ways to Add Lemon Essential Oil To Your Day
- Place 2-3 drop of into a gel capsule with carrier oil up to 3 times a day. For seasonal wellness add 3 drops of Peppermint and Lavender to it!
- Add to a glass of water to give your beverage a citrus kick and support healthy kidney function.
- Heat water on the stove, then add a few drops of lemon and a spoonful of honey for a hot beverage during cold months or to help soothe minor throat discomfort.
- Substitute for lemon zest when cooking.
- Sprinkle cut apples in lemon water to keep from turning brown.
Never underestimate the many uses of Lemon essential oil!